Part Time Housing Specialist
TSLI/HHB is a private, not-for-profit (501c3) corporation.
TSLI/HHB is currently seeking an experienced candidate for the following position:
Part Time Housing Specialist
TSLI/HHB is a private, not-for-profit (501c3) corporation with programs serving adults with mental illness, homeless families, individuals/families facing homelessness, and persons with HIV/AIDS. The available position is in the Prevention Program which is a homeless intervention program. It assists individuals and families who are at risk of homelessness. The program assists participants with maintaining or obtaining alternative housing and enhancing independent living skills to ensure success transition to housing stability.
English/Spanish oral/written candidate is required based on population served.
Monday through Friday between 9am and 5pm. Flexible hours and days with afternoons preferred. Part time schedule available for a maximum of 15 hours per week.
- Complete Screenings and review eligibility documentation
- Ensure pending referrals meet established eligibility criteria. Process denials for ineligible candidates.
- Prepare referrals for acceptance including onboarding appointments.
- Coordinate efforts to maintain permanent housing.
- Research permanent housing opportunities. Facilitate housing applications, housing inspections and/or lease signings.
- Coordinate utility and rental arrears payments, rental assistance payments, and other eligible financial assistance.
- Manage assigned case load of program participants including monthly case management meetings. Provide transportation, as needed, to appointments. Agency vehicle available.
We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
Student Loan Reimbursement Program (SLR)
All full-time employees are eligible for student loan reimbursement of up to:
· $500 a calendar year after six months of employment
· $1,000 a calendar year after one year of employment
· $1,500 a calendar year every year after eighteen months employment
Childcare Reimbursement Policy
· All full-time employees become eligible for childcare reimbursement on the date of hire.
· The reimbursement rate for all children, 12 and under is $10.00 per hour, a maximum of $450.00 per week per child.
· Childcare costs that are lower than the reimbursable allowance will be paid at the actual cost.
· The referral incentive for qualifying candidates is increased to from $300 to $1000.00
· Refer a qualified candidate $100.00
· Candidate is interviewed $150.00
· Candidate is hired $250.00
· Candidate reaches 6-month anniversary $500.00
Sign on bonus for new employees is established at $1,000
· Employees hired after October 1, 2021 will be eligible for a $500.00 bonus after six months of employment. After one year of employment, they will be eligible for an additional $500.00.
Send us your resume & application!
Visit www.tsli-hhb.org/employment for an application; download, complete, and forward to the email address indicated.
Please note: TSLI/HHB requires applicants to have a clean, valid NYS Driver License and a vehicle.
Job Type: Part Time 15 hours per week
Pay: $21.13 per hour
To apply for this job please visit secure.rightsignature.com.