Homeless Prevention Housing Specialist
TSLI/HHB is a private, not-for-profit (501c3) corporation with programs serving adults with mental illness, homeless families, and persons with HIV/AIDS. TSLI/HHB operates emergency family shelters, permanent housing, congregate and apartment programs. Our programs are geared to assist individuals to achieve self-sufficiency and provide comprehensive case management services. Our employees provide assistance with developing skills in the areas of Assertiveness/Self-Advocacy, Community Integration, Daily Living Skills, Medication Management, Rehabilitation Counseling, Socialization, and Symptom Management. Emphasis is placed on the development of skills and supports necessary for a successful transition to the most independent level of housing possible.
TSLI/HHB is currently seeking an experienced candidate for the following position:
37.5 hours a week: Monday through Friday 9am – 5pm.
- Coordinate program outreach to referral sources
- Maintain contact with referral sources to ensure applicable referrals;
- Outreach program to community agencies and landlords;
- Research and attend applicable Community Resource Fairs.
- Coordinate all aspects of the intake process for referrals
- Complete Phone Screenings and eligibility documentation;
- Complete housing assessment upon referral to determine housing needs;
- Schedule intake appointments and ensure required eligibility documentation is received;
- Ensure referrals meet homeless certification;
- Certify income eligibility below 30% of Area Median Income (AMI);
- Complete habitability inspections;
- Process denials for individuals/families that do not meet program requirements.
- Facilitate onboarding appointments for accepted participants including initial Support Plans.
- Coordinate rental arrears payments.
- Manage assigned case load of accepted participants with ongoing Federal or State rental subsidy programs;
- Facilitate Case Management meetings at least monthly;
- Provide assistance with obtaining/maintaining any Federal, State, and local benefits and provision of SOAR benefits applications;
- Educate participants on their housing rights;
- Provide life skills training as needed in order to maintain permanent housing including money management and home maintenance;
- Transport residents to view apartments; advocate on resident’s behalf with prospective landlords; must use own personal vehicle when agency vehicle is unavailable;
- Provide or refer to support services designed to stabilize households in permanent, habitable housing;
- Facilitate program graduations
- Complete 3-month income eligibility reviews for assigned case load.
- Research permanent housing opportunities
- Required to be ambulatory and able to perform all job functions.
We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
Student Loan Reimbursement Program (SLR)
All full-time employees are eligible for student loan reimbursement of up to:
· $500 a calendar year after six months of employment
· $1,000 a calendar year after one year of employment
· $1,500 a calendar year every year after eighteen months employment
Childcare Reimbursement Policy
· All full-time employees become eligible for childcare reimbursement on the date of hire.
· The reimbursement rate for all children, 12 and under is $10.00 per hour, a maximum of $450.00 per week per child.
· Childcare costs that are lower than the reimbursable allowance will be paid at the actual cost.
· The referral incentive for qualifying candidates is increased to from $300 to $1000.00
· Refer a qualified candidate $100.00
· Candidate is interviewed $150.00
· Candidate is hired $250.00
· Candidate reaches 6-month anniversary $500.00
Sign on bonus for new employees is established at $1,000
· Employees hired after October 1, 2021 will be eligible for a $500.00 bonus after six months of employment. After one year of employment, they will be eligible for an additional $500.00.
Send us your resume & application!
Visit www.tsli-hhb.org/employment for an application; download, complete, and forward to the email address indicated.
Please note: TSLI/HHB requires applicants to have a clean, valid NYS Driver License and a vehicle.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.13 per hour